UPDATED Response to COVID-19 - 03/23
OFFICE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
CLOSED TO PUBLIC DUE TO COVID-19
HOW DOES THIS AFFECT YOU?
Our office is CLOSED to the public. The situation continues to change hour by hour. We are making decisions in the best interest of our community and our staff. We are working to maintain operations while doing our part to maintain social distance and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Below are the updated steps we are taking as an agency:
- DOORS CLOSED TO PUBLIC. Submit documents, letters and other correspondence by email, fax, mail by USPS or via our after-hours drop box. We have attached employee emails and our main contact information.
- NO APPOINTMENTS - contact your Program Specialist for alternative ways to complete your re-certification paperwork. Our office is temporarily conducting certifications by mail and guidance by phone. It is critical that you do not report to your schedule appointment while we are on lock-down. Please see attached employee directory to contact your specialist.
- "Pick Up" folder Temporarily Suspended - All items that are usually available for "pick up" at our front desk, will be mailed via USPS, emailed or faxed during this unpredictable period. Please confirm your contact information with your Program Specialist when requesting documents, including moving packets.
- ON SITE INSPECTIONS SUSPENDED - Initial (new move-in's) for occupied units will be done by a self-certification form and a follow up inspection date will be scheduled in the future. This certification (for both landlords and their tenants) requires their review, and signatures of both parties as verification that to the best of their knowledge the unit is safe, in a livable condition, acceptable as is or as agreed upon, and without any life-threatening issues. A self-inspection checklist has also been provided as a guide to what should be looked at when assessing the unit condition. Initial vacant units will be determined on a case by case basis to be either an on-site inspector or self-certification. All annuals are postponed until further notice.
- WE ARE STILL HERE - So, please be patient with us! Naturally this will increase phone calls and emails. Our staff will remain diligent in returning your questions and concerns. We will get back to you within 48 business hours and are operating as best we can.
We continue to evaluate the situation by following local and federal government, CDC and WHO suggested practices. You can log into your Rent Café account or visit our website for the most current information at www.dupagehousing.org We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this situation together.
Updated March 23, 2020