Skip to Main Content


For a detailed overview of the program, please view our . . .New Landlord Program Overview Packet,

How to Become a Participating Landlord

1. Find a tenant: A tenant may approach you with a Voucher or you can list your available unit/s for our tenants to view (seeGo Section8 below).

2. Approve a tenant: Even though a family is determined by KHA to be eligible for the program, the owner must approve the family as a suitable renter. KHA knows that the owner has approved the family when the moving packet (RFTA, Request for Tenancy Approval) is submitted to our office. A tenant that is eligible to move will have the packet available for the owner.

3. Tenancy and Unit Approval by KHA: After the moving packet has been received and processed, KHA needs to perform a Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspection. If the unit does not pass inspection, a reasonable time will be given to make the required repairs, if applicable.

4. Contracts and Leases: Once a unit passes the HQS inspection and meets program requirements, the tenancy can be approved. The owner and tenant will then enter into a lease together and the KHA will enter into a Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) contract with the owner. After the HAP contract and lease are signed, the KHA will make payments to the owner as long as the family continues to meet eligibility criteria and the housing unit qualifies under the program regulations.

GoSection8 information:
If you are interested in listing your units, KHA works with to provide HCV families with owner names and general information about available rental units. Any interested families will then contact you for an appointment to see your unit. KHA does not steer families to specific owners or rental units, but we will provide families with information on units that are available.
GoSection8 Property Listing Form landlord sign up page

Frequent Asked Questions from Landlords click here