Port into DHA

In order to port to DuPage Housing Authority, a tenant will first need to notify their current housing authority. We encourage tenants to direct their current Housing Authority to view this web page to answer all their questions regarding DuPage Housing Authority and Portability. DHA is currently billing for all portability clients. Please use the contact information below when ready to port.


Attention: Portability Coordinator, April Wisch

Phone: 630-593-8210

Email: awisch@dupagehousing.org

Fax: 630-690-0702

Mail: 711 E Roosevelt Road, Wheaton, IL 60187


Once a tenant has made the decision to port their voucher, and their current housing authority has confirmed the tenants paperwork has been sent to our office, the tenant should contact our Portability Coordinator, April Wisch, to confirm receipt of their paperwork. It is the tenant’s responsibility to make sure we receive their paperwork. DHA will not call to inform the tenant when their paperwork is received. Once the tenant confirms that their paperwork has been received, the tenant will then need to speak to our Portability Coordinator to set up a briefing and to receive DHA moving papers. The average time to schedule a briefing is 10-14 business days. Briefing meetings will take place on by appointment only. Then, once the completed moving papers are submitted, it is another 7-10 business days to schedule an inspection. Timing is dependent on the submission of all required information. Please note that per DuPage Housing Authority’s Administrative Plan, determination of voucher bedroom size is based on the following; 2 people per bedroom.


Port out of DHA


To port out of DuPage Housing Authority, you will first need to notify your current Certification Specialist. They will know the necessary steps to port your voucher.

Once you have made the decision to port your voucher and we have prepared your paperwork and confirmed that your voucher was sent, you should contact the new housing authority office and ask for the Portability Specialist to set up a briefing and to receive moving papers.

For more information contact your current Certification Specialist.