We currently have one (1) job openings.
CERTIFICATION SPECIALIST – FULL TIME
The Certification Specialist is responsible for the determination and certification of eligibility for the Housing Choice Voucher Program of applicants or participants in accordance with HUD regulations and program policies and procedures, and to perform other on-going occupancy functions. This position requires the ability to perform all of the steps required to admit, re-certify, transfer, or terminate assistance or contract; as well as to assist clients and landlords with program requirements as appropriate.
Bachelors Degree or High School Diploma with applicable experience preferred. High School diploma or GED is required. Experience working in a high volume, face to face interaction, including counseling, with a diverse population is desirable. Case management experience preferred. Certification in HCV Program proficiency required after successful completion of probation period.
On the job training is provided so a general ability to understand the Housing Choice Voucher Program requirements, policies and procedures is required. Knowledge of HCV program and Yardi processing for HCV program preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent organizational and time management skills required. Ability to multitask with accuracy so that both quality and quantity are maintained. Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Communication skills, including active listening skills, ability to give clear, concise and thorough explanations of rules and regulations of the program to participants and property owners. Must communicate in a manner that shows genuine sensitivity and empathy to the needs and feelings of others. Must be self-motivated and adaptable to changing priorities in a high-volume, deadline driven environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interview applicants / participants, collect required documentation and third party verification, and determine and certify initial, interim, or annual on-going eligibility for the HCV Program in accordance with HUD regulations and DHA policy and procedures.
- Calculate tenant and property owners’ share of rent and provide written notification to both parties.
- Prepare and issue vouchers for new admissions and transfers and provide applicants / participants with appropriate and required information individually or by conducting briefings.
- Enforce Program and Family Obligations and HAP Contract by recommending termination of assistance or the HAP contract when appropriate and taking appropriate action in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolve and respond to applicant, participant, landlord, and other inquiries and complaints as appropriate and as instructed, and in accordance with established customer service policy. Monitor all activities and prepare and submit reports as required; review and correct documentation (electronic and/or written) as instructed.
Please send resumes to Nicole Glynn, Human Resource Manager at email@example.com